Our SLC gentle-Men go with these challenges:
- Be Present: Look, listen, speak and engage - you are sharing in the experiences of others. You may be a guest in another’s world, their school or aged care home. Be conscious you are with them in the moment. Know that most people and most experiences can teach us something – What will you learn from this today?
- Be Authentic: Be yourself, and share your time and your story with the people you meet in each service learning activity. Their lives may be very different to yours and they may have knowledge & experiences that surprises. If nothing else, your visit could be a highlight moment for them each time you visit.
- Be Responsible:Respect is one of the greatest gifts one person can give another. People have invited you into their world – look & see and do ask and notice the interesting in their story.
We ask ourselves these questions:
- As Christians, we are called to be all that we can be. How can I be the person I seek to be?
- What did you learn about yourself, about others and about the joys and challenges of life today?