In the Senior School (Years 10 – 12) the commitment to Holistic Education continues.
- A Catholic school in the Edmund Rice tradition provides a curriculum attentive to the needs of each person.
- Each person’s need is best served by teaching and learning experiences that are relevant, authentic, dynamic and creative.
- Religious education, faith development experiences and service learning are fundamental components of a holistic curriculum.
- Programs offered include a balance and integration of teaching and learning experiences that promote the development of the whole person.
- All members of the school are encouraged to work to the best of their abilities, to realise their potential and to strive for individual excellence.
- The school provides a sound learning culture that enables students to experience success within a safe and healthy environment.
In Year 10, students have the opportunity to select specific courses within the core subjects of Religion, English, Mathematics, Science and Humanities that ‘bridge’ their learning into their preferred senior pathway.
In Years 11 and 12, as students study for the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE), pathways are diverse. A range of subjects and courses are offered to cater for the interests, abilities or eligibility needs of students.
The Senior School offers:
- More flexible choice of study options,
- An ‘OP’ pathway,
- A ‘Vocational Education’ pathway,
- Opportunities to study university level subjects,
- Opportunities to be sponsored by industries in ‘cadet’ situation,
- Opportunities to study at TAFE,
- Work placement opportunities,
- School based Apprenticeships and Traineeships, and
- Possible Vertical Progress ‘3 year’ Senior.