St Laurence’s College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No. 30357), and we are able to offer nationally recognised certificates to our boys as part of their everyday curriculum. There has been significant growth in this area within the College. Students are given opportunities in a large number of pathways to further study or gain employment in the Senior phase of learning. St Laurence’s College offers the following certificates on campus:
- Certificate I in Engineering (MEM10105)
- Certificate I in Construction (CPC10111)
- Certificate I in Furnishing (Yr 11) (MSF10113)
- Certificate II in Business (BSB20115)
- Certificate III in Fitness (in partnership with Fitnance – RTO No. 32155) (SIS30315)
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (in partnership with SkillsTech – RTO No. 31396) (UEE22011)
- CAD Program – total of 8 units from Certificate III in Manufacturing Technology (MSA30208) and Certificate III in Engineering – Technical (MEM30505) (in partnership with SkillsTech – RTO No. 31396)
For more information regarding these Certificate courses, download the Senior Pathways Handbook 2016 and the Vocational Education Booklet, found under ‘Information Booklets‘.
Assessment in VET certificates is competency based. Competency based assessment is the process of collecting evidence and making judgements on whether or not the student can consistently demonstrate knowledge and skill, and the application of that knowledge and skill to the standard of performance required in the workplace.
NB: Subjects are offered by the school subject to meeting registration, human and physical requirements of each certificate.Next